We are currently seeking to fill 2 Machinist roles in the Fairfield site.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Machine less complex parts to specifications using machine tools such as mills, and lathes.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
- Assure that work areas and equipment are maintained in clean and orderly condition; report and correct any unsafe work practices or conditions immediately.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Follow safety regulations required by organization and position.
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment on CNC based machinery
- Basic PC skills
- Possess good communication skills and be able to independently solve problems while interacting with various teams.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with teammates on daily processes and flow.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking various duties throughout the day, have a positive attitude with an ability to be versatile and flexible.
- Assist personnel as necessary to maintain proper flow of work through the assigned area.
- Frequent sitting, standing, kneeling, and crouching
- Lift or move up to 25 pounds frequently; lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally; move or lift 100 pounds plus rarely
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Salary & Benefits
Salary and benefits were not provided. Contact the employer for this information.
How to Apply
URL to apply:
Please copy and paste this URL into your browser to view the role and submit a resume.
About the Employer
Baldwin Technology Company Inc. is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of process-automation equipment and related consumables for the printing, packaging and other industrial segments, including technical textiles, chip and fiberboard, and film extrusion. Through our global footprint, Baldwin offers our customers a broad range of market-leading technologies, products and systems that enhance the quality of industrial-produced products, with a focus on improving the economic and environmental efficiency of the production process. As a total solutions provider, Baldwin not only offers new equipment to our customers, but also dedicates extensive resources to maintaining and servicing existing equipment. Baldwin is privately owned by BW Forsyth Partners, a Barry-Wehmiller Group company. For more, go to www.baldwintech.com.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $2-plus billion organization with more than 11,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world. For more information, go to www.barrywehmiller.com and visit our CEO Bob Chapman’s blog at www.trulyhumanleadership.com.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.