Creates and recreates basic to intermediate designs for promotional products (ASI items), signage and apparel.
Under supervision of the Graphics Team Leader,
- Completes orders in an eight hour day, five day week, working overtime as agreed upon by the Graphics Team Leader; part time hours are arranged by the Graphics Team Leader (if applicable).
- Refers to the order form for information needed in creating artwork on Mac operating system; consults with Supervisor, Senior Designer and/or Sales Associate for further information; proofs all orders with the Graphics Coordinator, follows department performance standards.
- Exports JPEG files of customer artwork for proofing and entry into the JPEG database.
- Creates designs with enhanced clipart while meeting Silkworm standards of quality.
- Recreation of customer supplied artwork; ability to take a rough customer idea and expand upon it.
- Basic photographic manipulation for garment decoration.
- Creates trendy retail designs for Silkworm customers.
- Creates artwork/typography for ASI products; resizing customer artwork on file; logo recreation; basic digital recreation of customer provided artwork.
- Creates usable artwork for embroidery.
- Creates artwork for signage and heat applied material application; operates signage equipment, both MAC and PC, pertaining to spot and CMYK digital and cadcut material output.
- Sets up approved in-house artwork on a template for use with the CTS system; sends artwork to the appropriate supplier; prepares art for Art transfer request forms.
- Keeps work station and department clean and organized, removes obsolete files from MAC desktop and hard drive, cleans and maintains department equipment, reports needed supplies, and turns on/off equipment.
- Maintains and improves current understanding of hardware and software.
- Researches and shares information on current design trends/layouts.
- Maintains the flexibility to perform related work as required
- Understands and represents Silkworm mission and values, providing customers the best in design and service while creating printable artwork.
- Possession of an Associate degree or certificate from a University or Technical school with a focus in graphic design.
- Two years of work experience in a graphic design or production art capacity.
Knowledge of: Principles and techniques of graphic design; scanning software; multiple file formats, MAC hardware and intermediate knowledge in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop software; basic to intermediate illustration skills.
Desirable Qualities: Self motivated, creative, attentive to details; ability to follow instructions; sense of urgency/good time management skills; ability to proofread.
Additional performance evaluation criteria:
Daily productivity and consistency of meeting deadlines
Consistent with accuracy
Positive attitude & teamwork participation
Great Attendance record
Commitment to Silkworm
Involvement with external department teams, volunteering with extracurricular activities
Identifies budget saving solutions
Works overtime as needed to meet customer deadlines
Salary & Benefits
]$11-14 per hour. Pay is based off of experience.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.