Responsible for performing a variety of duties in relation to imaging patients and ensuring smooth operations of the Diagnostic Imaging department while providing appropriate levels of patient care and customer service.
- Manages processes effectively in regard to employee/patient safety.
- Record Keeping
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, logs, files and other documents as required, including but not limited to payroll, schedules and status changes.
- Process Improvement
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by establishing unit/department based programs that supports the system’s process improvement goals.
- Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams.
- Role Specific Responsibilities
- Performs diagnostic radiographic exams.
- Utilizes PACS and EMR systems.
- Maintains appropriate IV and Contrast competency.
- Follows established protocols and procedures for proper patient position, exposure control, and radiation protection.
- Communicates clearly and effectively with all involved in the patient care process.
- Cleans and inspects departmental equipment.
- Associate’s degree in Radiology required
- ARRT required
- IEMA required
- BLS required
How to Apply
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.