Responsible for educating physicians and mid-level providers on assigning appropriate Evaluation and Management codes for their services. Also serve as an educational liaison for professional Coding staff.
- Serves as an educator for SIMS physicians on appropriate coding practices.
- Completes initial training on Evaluation and Management CPT code selection for new providers.
- Monitors code assignment by providers on an ongoing basis to identify educational needs and provide said education.
- Monitors continuing education needs for department/coders, assists in selecting appropriate educational material, and provides education as needed.
- Collaborates with Practice Managers to reach providers in the most effective manner.
- Promotes a culture of process improvement by participating in unit/department based programs that support the system’s process improvement goals.
- Actively participates on system-wide or hospital-based teams.
- Associate degree in Health Information Technology required
- Bachelor degree in Health Information Management or Healthcare Management preferred
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS, or CPC certification required
- Physician practice management or provider education experience required.
- Extensive knowledge and application of CPT/HCPCS codes and modifiers required.
- Knowledge of health information management practices and federal and state healthcare regulations required
How to Apply
Apply online at https://careers-sih.icims.com/jobs/3473/coder--pb---lead/job
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.