The HR Specialist supports the HR Manager and HR Generalists within a Distribution Center (DC). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing customer service to DC Team Members in areas of payroll, time and attendance, benefits, safety, worker’s compensation, leaves, company policies, local DC policies, and training. Responsible for HR coordination and administration activities including data entry, maintenance of personnel/medical files, and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) log.
- Delivers high level of customer-facing service to Team Members and leaders. Handles difficult conversations and communicates information to internal stakeholders.
- Ensures all Team Members are entered and processed correctly in the Kronos time-keeping system. Responsible for payroll duties. Ensures increases are processed on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintains Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) with all Team Member personnel transactions. Applies attendance policy by entering data and communicating as needed.
- Assists the HR Generalist with various events, such as new Team Member orientation, benefits reviews, and Open Enrollment. Interacts with vendors and suppliers to meet internal customer needs.
- Supports communication by updating bulletin boards and posting information for Team Members in the DC. Serves as liaison to Headquarters on HR-related matters, and collaborate with Centers of Expertise as needed.
- Assists the HR Generalist by coordinating outreach efforts, scheduling interviews, checking references, and other Talent Acquisition support functions.
- Responsible for worker’s compensation processing for DC employees; including submission of initial claim, data entry into the worker’s compensation system and notification to the carrier of the Team Member’s medical status and/or return to work.
- Processes all Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Leave of Absence documents for approval process. Tracks FMLA time taken. Communicates information and updates to Team Members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of human resources experience in employee relations, staffing & selection, compensation & benefits and/or training
- Knowledge of payroll systems and payroll processes
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Labor and Employment laws, Workers’ compensation, FMLA, ADA and OSHA laws
- Knowledge of HRIS systems
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 30 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents, 10-key numeric pad).
- At least 2 years of experience with Kronos timekeeping, worker’s compensation, and/ or HRIS.
How to Apply
To apply, go to Walgreens.com, click on careers at the bottom of the page, and use job number 183953BR
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.