Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
Create and edit design files, for use in manufacturing and sales, for the POP industry. Create and edit CNC files for production using computerized engineering design software. Perform all supportive duties assigned by the Associate Engineer Team Leader.
- Create and edit files using design and engineering related software programs.
- Perform Customer Design research.
- Maintain, support and operate plotter and blueprint machines as required.
- Create and edit files using reverse engineering software.
- Scan and manipulate customer provided material, for production purposes, in accordance with customer specific needs and guidelines.
- Provide files for production departments as needed.
- Inspect in-process parts using a variety of measuring instruments, for quality, as required throughout production.
- Create and edit CNC Routing files using related software.
- Build and set up CNC holding fixtures.
- Program CNC router to perform complex series of progressive router operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Associate Degree in Design field preferred. Specialized courses in design/engineering software, equivalent to two or three years of college or equivalent years of specific work experience.
A minimum 2 years related experience with required education or a minimum of 4 years related experience without required education.
Attentive to details, self-starter, good logical problem solving skills, above average mechanical aptitude, follow instructions and meet deadlines. Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
How to Apply
Contact Emily Melvin at Priority Staffing by phone at 618-969-8800 or 618-969-8292, or email to learn how to apply.
Rend Lake College is nationally-ranked for the success and return on investment our students experience. RLC is one of the largest employers in the district.
Thinking of taking classes? Let us know by clicking HERE and we'll be in touch.