Office Systems Technology
As the reliance on technology continues to expand in offices, the role of the office professional evolves as well. Office automation and organizational restructuring have led administrative assistants to take on responsibilities once reserved for managers and professional staff. In spite of these changes, the core responsibilities for administrative assistants have remained much the same: performing and coordinating an office’s administrative activities and storing, retrieving, and integrating information for dissemination to staff and clients.
Degrees & Certificates in Office Systems Technology
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSOCIATE - Certificate
This occupational certificate program is designed to provide students with the basic information needed to pursue an entry-level position in a medical office setting or enhance the skills of the already-employed medical office staff.
► Total = 10 Hours
OFFICE TECHNOLOGIES ASSISTANT — Certificate
This Office Technologies Assistant certificate program is designed to provide students with the introductory skills necessary to work as an office assistant. The curriculum will introduce various skills and technologies required for an entry-level position in an office / business setting and suitable for the student not wishing to pursue a degree.
► Total = 30 Hours
First Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- CSCI 1102 Intro to Computers w/ Business Applications (3)
- OFTC 1203 Building Keyboarding Speed & Accuracy I (1)
- OFTC 1232 Business Data Entry (3)
- OFTC 1234 Communication in Technical Services (3)
- OFTC 1252 Records Management Concepts / Computerized Applications (3)
- OFTC 2261 Office Procedures and Technology (3)
Second Semester (14 Cr. Hrs.)
Program OutcomesOffice Systems Technology
- Utilize specific software programs to effectively complete a given task.
- Train and/or assist others with regard to a specific software process.
- Exhibit both communication and customer service skills necessary in the workforce.
- Exhibit crucial decision-making skills in the workforce in regards to records management and document formatting techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to complete business related mathematical procedures as well basic accounting concepts.
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to properly code in a simulated medical office environment.
Faculty & Staff