The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
Help at Home is hiring TODAY in your community!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support services to seniors and people with disabilities. Our clients need us more than ever to continue living independently in their own homes while staying safe from high-risk facilities.
Help at Home leads the home care industry in protecting our clients and caregivers. We provide priority vaccine access, a ready supply of quality PPE, and up-to-date training.
We are still hiring transportation aides and we recently increased wages to $13 per hour for all Illinois locations.
Transportation Aides assist with transportation for Help at Home's DCFS clients, including foster children and intact families, to various department approved appointments and functions. Transportation Aides are assigned tasks that are approved by authorized DCFS staff and report to an assigned Help at Home Supervisor.
Help at Home truly cares about our employees, and we are proud to offer the following benefits:
· Cash incentives/hiring bonuses for new employees
· Flexible scheduling with either part-time or full-time hours
· Health care plan options with expanded medical coverage
· Free COVID testing and priority vaccine access
· Quarantine and Hazard pay for employees exposed to COVID on the job
· Paid time off and vacation time
· Paid travel time and mileage reimbursements
· Industry-leading training and development
· Strong career paths in a high-demand industry
· Compassionate, professional management teams
Join us today and become a Help at Home Hero!
· Provide transportation for DCFS clients to approved locations, in accordance with the Resource Referral Form
· Record and submit accurate and complete record-keeping documents, including maintaining a log book detailing each trip
· Attend all required training sessions and staff conferences and report to the company supervisor weekly regarding each client
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Expectations
· All Transportation Aides will complete training provided by Help at Home, including a pre-service program and 16 hours of driver training. Aides must achieve an average score of 85% or greater on the exam or must show evidence of 25 hours of supervised training as a homemaker within two years of the date of hire
· Must demonstrate a caring attitude toward all persons regardless of age or any physical or mental disability
· Must demonstrate the ability to effectively follow written and oral directions and instructions
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Valid driver’s license
· Basic knowledge of home management skills and effective communication skills
· Good physical health including documentation of a tuberculosis test within 6 months of the first assignment
· Flexibility and adaptability, with the willingness to work days, weekends and evenings in order to support clients
In order to be employed as a Transportation Aide, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits and bonuses vary by state and location so please ask for complete details at your interview.
Interested applicants should submit their resume to Deb Kelm at [email protected]