The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
The Magna Exteriors porfolio of products includes access systems such as liftgates, exterior trim, modular systems, front-end modules including fascia, active aerodynamic systems and other lightwight structural components for automotive, commercial truck and other industrial markets.
Recognized globally as an innovator in all aspects of vehicle exteriors, Magna provides everything needed, from materials development and design through manufacturing and assembly, to help automakers create sleek, state-of-the-art vehicles across the world.
Take a sketch or idea for design and turn it into a working product with the assistance from supervisor and rack engineer group. Along with responsibilities of repair, modifications and preventative maintenance.
- Required - High School diploma or GED.
- Required - Forklift license.
- Required - 1 year continuous work experience in a manufacturing environment with duties closely related to the essential functions.
- Preferred - A.S. or Trade School technical degree in welding or mechanical repair.
- Preferred - Mechanical repair and organizational tasks.
- Must demonstrate ability to weld aluminum and steel utilizing wire feed welder.
- Must have general computer proficiency, good math skills, good problem solving skills, and ability to follow technical instructions requiring interpretation and judgment.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, understand and sketch 3D drawings.
- Must be able to pass a basic welding test and mechanical test.
- Maintains material inventory used in the development and repair of racks. (Steel, plastic, foam, dunnage, etc.)
- Constructs and builds prototype racks with or without detailed drawings (cutting, welding, etc.)
- Oversees Rack Repairers and or temporary employees reworking / repairing racks as needed.
- Complete engineering changes to rack fleets as required.
- Produces engineering sketches / drawings to assist the Engineer in blueprint development.
- Initiates shipping requests and completes customer required shipping documents.
- Operates shop equipment such as drill press, band saw, welder, hand tools, cutting tools, shearing machine and plasma torch.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.