The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
CUSTOM FIELD APPLICATOR
LOCATION/ DEPARTMENT: Trenton Agronomy
REPORTS TO: Agronomy Operations Supervisor
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Hourly, Full-Time with Benefits
SUMMARY: Responsible for custom applying fertilizers and agricultural chemicals by properly operating spraying and spreading equipment. At times, will mix chemicals and deliver product to customer locations. Works with operations to maintain equipment and facilities. Provides high level of customer service working with entire agronomy department and sales staff. Performs any other tasks requested by supervisor.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Effective communication and computer skills.
- Must work seasonal overtime, including weekends and holidays, at times.
- CDL with HazMat endorsement and Commercial Applicator License.
- Previous experience as a custom applicator.
- Knowledge of local farms and roads.
- B.S or A.S. degree in related field preferred or high level of agronomy knowledge.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to chemicals, moving, mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise levels, internal and external temperature/weather conditions, and extended work days.
At Top Ag, we believe our employees are the cornerstone to our continued success and growth. Our motto "Partners In Success” extends to our employees as we provide opportunities for a rewarding career. We are dedicated to providing a safe, team-oriented work environment while offering competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- Retirement Plan – Pension and 401(k)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Performance Management-Annual Salary Reviews
- Paid Company Holidays (8)
- Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Uniform Allowance
Apply in person at any location, online or contact Human Resources
Top Ag Coop, 702 S Elevator St, Okawville, IL 62271