The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
GRAIN OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
LOCATION/ DEPARTMENT: Okawville Grain
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt/Hourly, Full-time with Benefits
SUMMARY: Grain Assistants are responsible for loading and unloading product from and into trucks and/or rail cars and operating grain handling equipment to ensure timely delivery of product. Outdoor, weekend, and holiday work is required.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Experience in truck loading/unloading and/or railcar loading beneficial. Skid loader, Bobcat, and forklift operation experience preferred.
- Must work seasonal overtime, including weekends and holidays, at times.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be exposed to moving, mechanical parts, dusty conditions, high noise levels, internal and external temperature/weather conditions, and chemicals. Employee will work at heights and must be able to adapt to extended workdays and meet call-in requirements as needed.
Position requires the ability to drive equipment such as a forklift, lifting weights of sixty
(60) pounds or less, bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights of less than fifty (50) pounds, pushing brooms and shovels, standing for extended periods of time working at elevated heights, in confined spaces, and at temperatures from -20 to +100 degrees.
At Top Ag, we believe our employees are the cornerstone to our continued success and growth. Our motto "Partners In Success” extends to our employees as we provide opportunities for a rewarding career. We are dedicated to providing a safe, team-oriented work environment while offering competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- PTO (Personal Time Off)
- Retirement Plan – Pension and 401(k)
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Performance Management-Annual Salary Reviews
- Paid Company Holidays (8)
- Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
Apply in person at any location, online or contact Human Resources
Top Ag Coop, 702 S Elevator St, Okawville, IL 62271
618-243-3361 [email protected]
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Uniform Allowance