The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
Position Title: Manufacturing Engineering Technician - Salem
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Created on: 08/23/2021
Last Revised: 08/23/2021
Pay Grade: Salaried Non-Exempt
Basic Function: Work with manufacturing to support and improve manufacturing operations including troubleshooting equipment, creating CNC programs utilizing CAM software and maintain and design press tooling.
- Responsible for process improvements and daily manufacturing engineering support.
- Assist with the quote process for new capital or continuous improvement projects.
- Provide technical support for production.
- Assure adherence to the ISO – 9001:2015 plant and company procedures.
- Support continuous improvement activities plant-wide, which include lean manufacturing initiatives.
- Ability to write/edit CNC programs using the Mazatrol, Edgecam Software – Plus.
- Ability to work with Process Engineers, Production Planning, Operations and CNC Operators to complete programming, continuous improvement projects, new capital, etc.
- Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned by Engineer Manager or Manufacturing Engineers.
- Tooling and fixture design experience
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated history of increasing productivity in a factory environment
- Ability and desire to provide daily "hands-on" floor support
- Experience in solving manufacturing issues
- Computer skills, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software and Solidworks Plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent time management skills with a sense of urgency
- Mazatrol (Mazak) CNC Programming and Edgecam experience
- CNC Experience a plus
- PLC or electronics experience a plus
Experience and Education:
- AS degree in Industrial Technician, Drafting Technician, Manufacturing Technician, Engineering Technician or Pre Engineering
Essential Physical Requirements:
- 20/20 vision required with or without correction
- Ability to use hands 100% of the workday
- Ability to stand and or walk 100% of the workday
- Ability to bend, stoop or twist 50% of the workday
- Ability to exert physical force to push, pull, lift or carry 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to work in shop environment
Interested Applicants should contact:
Human Resources Manager
Radiac Abrasives Inc.
1015 South College Avenue | 62881 SALEM | United States
Tel: +16185488311 | Mobil: +16183352764
E-mail: [email protected] | Global: www.tyrolit.com | Local: www.radiac.com