The job below is with an external company. Rend Lake College is providing the following as a service to the hiring company. The college cannot answer any questions about these positions. Please contact the employer with questions.
Position Title: Network Technician (Entry-Level)
Exemption Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Network Operations Manager – Infrastructure
Created on: 6/17/2019
Last Revised: 7/25/2019
Basic Function: The Network Technician will offer quality support to internal team members and external clients via e-mail, live chat, and in-person. The Network Technician will troubleshoot software and hardware issues to determine where repairs need to be made and then plan those repairs with the Network Manager. The individual in this role is responsible for ensuring that network is functional. As well, as troubleshoot computer software and hardware issues and make repairs and perform scheduled updates.
- Responsible for performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure efficiency of network.
- Responsible for troubleshooting computer software and hardware issues and making repairs and perform scheduled updates
- Provide technical direction to co-workers on computer and network usage and offer comprehensive advice and instructions
- Responsible for training on Corporate Security and practicing the security policies
- Collaborate with the local and international IT team to ensure that security policies are intact and distributed to employees
- Provide technical support to clients through various channels of communication
- Inspect cable lines to ensure that they are intact and working optimally
- Field questions from employees about technical issues
- Clearly communicate IT related issues to second and third level support
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Must be flexible to work in various facilities, nights, and weekends, if needed
- Ability to communicate read and write in English
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN networks
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Previous use of MS Office, Cisco products, VMWare.
Experience and Education:
- Entry Level
- Associates Degree/ Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Cisco Switching Knowledge preferred
- CCNA preferred
Essential Physical Requirements:
- 20/20 vision required with or without correction.
- Ability to use hands 100% of the workday.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment
Interested Applicants should contact:
Human Resources Manager
Radiac Abrasives Inc.
1015 South College Avenue | 62881 SALEM | United States
Tel: +16185488311 | Mobil: +16183352764
E-mail: [email protected] | Global: www.tyrolit.com | Local: www.radiac.com