Message from the President
Welcome to Rend Lake College!
We’re glad to have you with us, whether you’re enrolling or considering it. As your community college, we have continued to work hard to provide you with the education and training programs you need to move to a university or find the career that’s right for you.
With more than 100 degree and certificate programs, you have a wide range of opportunities at your disposal.
Having just come away from a successful 10-year visit by our regional accreditor, the Higher Learning Commission, we are as committed as ever to maintaining the level of quality that you deserve. We continue to invest in improving student success and making data-driven decisions as we look to the future.
RLC remains one of the most affordable options for higher education, and there are a myriad of financial aid options and scholarships for which you might find yourself eligible. Also look at our articulation agreements with various four-year universities and our new apprenticeship programs as ways to reach your goals.
We are your community college, so feel free to pay us a visit, give us a call, send us an email, browse our website or check us out on our social media platforms. Once again, welcome to Rend Lake College.
President's Goals & Responsibilities
1. Provide overall leadership and unity of efforts for the total college program
2. Oversee and maintain the financial well-being of the college
3. Assume overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining an adequate public relations program
4. Oversee preparation for Higher Learning Commission review of the college and subsequent accreditation
5. Provide adequate information and opportunity for board development and preparation of supporting materials