Message from the President
If you are taking the time to look through our website, you probably have an idea of where you want to get in this life. There is no question that Rend Lake College is a great place to start that journey.
Our students continue on their roads of advancement and betterment despite the challenges of these times, and we welcome you to those ranks. We have more ways than ever to help identify and overcome barriers and serve our students.
As you look through this catalog, you’ll find our degree and certificate programs, along with all the resources you will have at your disposal to help you find the career you want or transfer to a university for further study.
In late 2021, our area is in better shape than it was when last I wrote here, with COVID-19 infection rates down, vaccines available, and new treatments emerging. There’s definitely a light at the end of the tunnel as we look toward what our new normal is going to be.
What’s been constant is our commitment to serve our students and our community to the best of our ability, whatever the world throws at us all. We’ve set up new modes of instruction that allow more flexibility in when and how you learn, and new services to make sure you have the support and resources you need to thrive in your program. A new all-inclusive textbook program is in place, a new Wellness Room has been created, new technology has been deployed to improve your access, and there has been a significant amount of infrastructure work in the past year aimed at beautifying the campus and improving our operations.
Our goal is to help you reach yours. Feel free to call us, email us, set up a virtual appointment with one of our advisors, or just stop by and shoot the breeze.
President's Goals & Responsibilities
1. Provide overall leadership and unity of efforts for the total college program.
2. Oversee and maintain the financial well-being of the college.
3. Assume overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining an adequate public relations program.
4. Oversee preparation for Higher Learning Commission review of the college and subsequent accreditation.
5. Provide adequate information and opportunity for board development and preparation of supporting materials.
6. Participate in statewide activities and organizations relative to the college mission.
7. Maintain an active and visual presence in the communities of the district through local events and gatherings.