Message from the President
A better career ... a fresh start ... preparation for a university. You might be considering Rend Lake College for these or other reasons. Whatever your motivation, RLC is a great place to start.
The last few years have been interesting and challenging. We've emerged from a pandemic and as of this writing are faced with the rising cost of living, whether it's groceries or gasoline. It's our charge to help you better equip yourself for the future.
On this website, you'll find our degree and certificate offerings plus information about the services we provide and the resources you can use to help you along the way.
Rend Lake College has continued moving forward despite the challenges of the times. We have created the Agronomy Innovation Center to offer education and training on the latest tech in the field. We're developing the Southern Illinois Manufacturing Academy at the RLC MarketPlace in Mt. Vernon, which will provide current and future industry workers with real-world experience in the various pieces of the manufacturing process. Plans also are in the works for a new Allied Health building to house nursing, radiologic technology, and related programs.
That's all on top of expanded options for course delivery, new ways to connect with student services, and a growing slate of student activities.
As always, our goal is to help you reach yours. Call, write, visit, connect virtually. We're glad to have you.
Welcome to Rend Lake College.
President's Goals & Responsibilities
1. Provide overall leadership and unity of efforts for the total college program.
2. Oversee and maintain the financial well-being of the college.
3. Assume overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining an adequate public relations program.
4. Oversee preparation for Higher Learning Commission review of the college and subsequent accreditation.
5. Provide adequate information and opportunity for board development and preparation of supporting materials.
6. Participate in statewide activities and organizations relative to the college mission.
7. Maintain an active and visual presence in the communities of the district through local events and gatherings.