Registering for the first time
1. Complete a Rend Lake College New Student Enrollment Form.
2. Submit your official high school transcript with graduation posted or GED certificate.
3. Submit your ACT or SAT scores or arrange for placement testing in the Academic Advisement Center.
3. Submit official transcripts from any other colleges you have attended.
4. Make an appointment with an academic advisor or your faculty advisor when you are ready to set up your schedule. Visit Career Services to discuss career development and goal setting, educational planning, and accessing campus services and activities.
5. Arrange for payment of tuition and fees by
- Applying for financial aid
- Making the full payment before established deadlines
- Enrolling in Nelnet Tuition Management Plan
6. Get your Student ID from the Learning Resource Center or from Student Records in the Baker Administration Building. You will need a picture identification (driver’s license or state issued I.D.) and a class schedule to do so. The replacement cost for a Student ID is $10. Your Student ID and current schedule of classes are required to rent or purchase textbooks.
7. Rent or buy textbooks and purchase the supplies you need at our Bookstore and Retail Center on the first floor of the Academic Building.