Personal Care Aide
This program is designed to prepare individuals to be personal care aides. Personal care aides assist the elderly, convalescents, or persons with disabilities with daily living activities at a person's home or in a care facility. Students will learn the knowledge and skills necessary to provide routine individualized health care such as basic nutrition and personal hygiene, first aid, taking vital signs and reporting abnormal findings, geriatric care, and legal and ethical responsibilities. All curriculum courses must be completed with a grade of "C" or better. A criminal history background check and drug screenings are required.
Personal Care Aide - CertificateALLIED HEALTH DIVISION
► Total = 16 Hours
First Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- ALH 1200 Intro to Pharmacology (3)
- ALH 1201 Anatomy & Physiology Fundamentals (3)
- CNA 1201 Certified Nurse Assistant (7)
- HECO 1202 Healthcare Terminology (3)
Program OutcomesPersonal Care Aide
- Students will demonstrate a basic understanding of healthcare terms.
- Students will demonstrate professional communication skills including recording and reporting.
- Students will demonstrate competency in the 21 manual performance skills mandated by IDPH.
UPDATE — Due to ongoing health concerns with COVID-19, Rend Lake College has canceled the following event. RLC is committed to the safety of students, faculty, staff and the public and is working to limit large gatherings during this time. For up-to-date information on the college’s plan moving forward, visit rlc.edu/coronavirus. INA, Ill. (Feb. 19, 2020) — Rend Lake College and the Illinois...
Faculty & Staff
Connect with us!
Academic Advisement Center
Administration Building, Office 115
[email protected] • 618.437.5321, Ext. 1266
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer