Medical Support Specialist
This one semester certificate program is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and skills necessary for an entry-level position in medical offices, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. Students will be trained in basic computer skills, proper medical terminology, customer service communication, and medical billing and coding.
► Total = 16 Hours
First Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- OFTC 1234 Communication in Technical Services (3)
- HECO 1202 Health Care Terminology (3)
- CSCI 1102 Intro to Computers w Business Apps BUSI 1202 Work Ethics
- CMA 1203 Billing and Coding
- ALH 1205 Clinical Experience
Program CostsComing Soon
- Discuss and use medical terminology
- Demonstrate appropriate customer service techniques
- Apply basic computer skills
- Communicate with providers, patients and payers
- Perform medical office operational functions to administrative health care industry standards
UPDATE — Due to ongoing health concerns with COVID-19, Rend Lake College has canceled the following event. RLC is committed to the safety of students, faculty, staff and the public and is working to limit large gatherings during this time. For up-to-date information on the college’s plan moving forward, visit rlc.edu/coronavirus. INA, Ill. (Feb. 19, 2020) — Rend Lake College and the Illinois...
Faculty & Staff
Connect with us!
Visit our Welcome Center
Located just inside the main door of the Baker Administration Building
[email protected] • 618.437.5321, Ext. 1343
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer