Degrees & Certificates in Psychology
PSYCHOLOGY - DegreeAssociate in Arts Degree
This two-year transfer program leads to an Associate of Arts Degree and is designed for students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in psychology.
The Psychology transfer program provides students with the background in psychology and general studies necessary for advanced work at a four-year institution. Students are advised to check with the institution to which they are transferring or a Rend Lake College advisor for any additional requirements.
► Total = 66 Hours
First Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 1101 Rhetoric and Composition I 1 (3)
- PSYC 2101 Introduction to Psychology 1 (3)
- Elective – Fine Arts (3)
- Elective – Science with Lab (5)
- Elective (3)
Second Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 1102 Rhetoric and Composition II (3)
- HEA 1101 Health Education (2)
- PSYC 2102 Child Psychology (3)
- SOCI 1101 Introduction to Sociology (3)
- Elective – Humanities (3)
- Elective – Science (3)
Third Semester (17 Cr. Hrs.)
- ANTH 1101 Cultural Anthropology (3)
- COMM 1101 Principles of Effective Speaking (3)
- MATH 1111 Statistics 1 (4)
- PSYC 2105 Social Psychology (3)
- SPAN 1101 Elementary Spanish I (4)
Fourth Semester (16 Cr. Hrs.)
- ENGL 2106 Intermediate Composition (3)
- POLI 2101 American Government (3)
- PSYC 2103 Educational Psychology (3)
- SPAN 1102 Elementary Spanish II (4)
- Elective – Fine Arts / Humanities (3)
1 Prerequisite course(s) may be required based test scores.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of psychology's major concepts, empirical findings and historical trends.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the core fields, paradigms, and theories of psychology.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the types of professionals in psychology, psychological disorders, and treatment modalities.
- Demonstrate understanding of the ways psychology is applied in the realms of work, personal life, education, and other real-world situations.
Articulation agreements document a pathway between Rend Lake College and the following schools for the academic program(s) listed.
Missouri Baptist University
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Transfer InformationRend Lake College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of six regional accreditors in the United States. Accreditation is vital to what we do. It serves as a measure of quality, allows us to access and distribute federal student aid, facilitates the transfer of classes between institutions and more. The Higher Learning Commission is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Rend Lake College has been accredited since 1969. Voluntary accreditation is an activity of great importance to Rend Lake College and the community it serves. The process ensures that RLC is accountable – that our programs are effective and that we are delivering on our guarantees of educational quality.
Students who graduate with an Associates in Science (AS) or an Associates in Arts (AA) have the ability to transfer to institutions that will allow them to continue towards a goal of a Bachelors degree (BA or BS).
Rend Lake College works with other institutions to allow for an easy transition to a four-year university. Some of the Universities that have this working relationship are:
Faculty & Staff
Connect with us!
Academic Advisement Center
Administration Building, Office 115
[email protected] • 618.437.5321, Ext. 1266
College office hours
Monday - Thursday: 8 AM – 4:30 PM • Friday 8 AM – 4 PM
Monday – Thursday: 8 AM – 4 PM During Summer