This two-year transfer program leads to an Associate in Arts Degree. The curriculum is designed for students pursuing a baccalaureate degree in social work.
The Social Work transfer program at Rend Lake College provides students with the background in behavioral science and general studies necessary for advanced work at a four-year institution. Students are advised to check with the institution to which they are transferring or an advisor at Rend Lake College for any additional requirements.
Program OutcomesSocial Work
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the fundamentals of generalist social work practice by applying key terms, concepts, and theories.
- Students will identify the ethical values and standards of the social work profession.
- Students will apply critical thinking skills in relation to client needs and situations through the use of case studies and scenarios.
- Students will discuss the skills and abilities needed to advocate for human rights and social justice.
- Students will identify at-risk populations.
- Students will recognize the importance of human diversity.
Missouri Baptist University