The Commencement ceremony is the culmination of the student’s program of study. Each May, Rend Lake College conducts a graduation exercise whereby faculty, staff, family and friends come together to recognize and honor academic achievements. All eligible degree and certificate recipients are encouraged to participate in the Commencement ceremony.
Participation in this ceremony is allowed prior to verification of completion of final courses. The student should be within six credit hours of fulfilling graduation requirements, and requirements should be completed in the summer session following May graduation. The actual degree or certificate is posted to the official transcript and the certificate or diploma is released when all requirements have been met and verified by the Director of Student Records.
2022 Rend Lake College Commencement
- Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Morning Ceremony 10:30 a.m. — for those graduating with an Associate of Applied Science Degree and/or Occupational Certificate
- Afternoon Ceremony 1:00 p.m. — for those graduating with an Associate of Arts, Science, Fine Arts, or Engineering Science Degree
- ARRIVE NO LATER THAN 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR CEREMONY
Caps and Gowns - Pick up for cap/gown and shirt will be in the Student Records Office starting Monday, May 2nd.
Guests - There is no limit on the number of guests. The seating will be first-come, first-serve seating at the RLC track.
Streaming - Both commencement ceremonies will be streamed below.
Graduation Application ProcessStudents must apply to receive their respective diplomas for an Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree, Associate in Fine Arts Degree, Associate in Engineering Science Degree, Associate in Applied Science Degree or a certificate for Occupational Certificate programs. Students who complete the Graduation Application form will receive a pre-graduation academic audit and be informed of any deficiencies.
Meeting graduation requirements ultimately is the responsibility of the student. Students are encouraged to be familiar with the catalog and program requirements and to work with their academic advisors or counselors in selecting courses.
Students may fulfill degree/certificate requirements
- Of the catalog in effect at the time of their initial enrollment, provided they have maintained continuous enrollment, or
- Students may elect to fulfill the degree/certificate requirements of the catalog in effect at the time of their graduation.
Students entering under the degree and certificate requirements cited in this catalog will continue under these requirements as long as they are continuous students at Rend Lake College. Standing as a continuous student is lost if either of the following should occur:
- The student does not complete credit classes at Rend Lake College for two consecutive semesters, excluding summer terms.
- A period of five years elapses before the degree or certificate is completed.
If students are unable to complete the requirements within the five-year time frame, they may appeal to the Vice President of Student Services to use a specified catalog other than the one in effect at the time of re-enrollment or at time of graduation.
Students may be required to follow degree requirements outlined in later catalogs when certificate, degree programs or courses have been extensively modified from previous catalogs. The Vice President of Instruction makes this decision.
GRADUATION APPLICATION DEADLINES
- First Friday in May for Summer graduation (July)
- First Friday in September for Fall graduation (December)
- First Friday in December for Spring graduation (May)