Housing & Transportation
Rend Lake College does not own housing. However, there are many privately owned housing options for students looking to live in a community near the Ina Campus. Some cities and towns near Ina include Bonnie, Benton, Sesser, Mt. Vernon, Whittington and Ewing. View a map.
Disclaimer: The facilities for sale/rent listed below are privately owned. They are not assets of Rend Lake College.
Housing Listed ▼
Apple Tree Apartment Rentals (618) 437-5735
Ina, IL 62846
• Three Bedroom Downstairs Apartment for three students. Includes: all utilities, internet, satellite, dishwasher, washer/dryer, screened deck, large fenced yard. First month rent, last month rent, security deposit; and credit check.
• Large One Bedroom Furnished Split Upstairs Apartment for two students. Includes: all utilities, internet, satellite, washer/dryer, screened deck, fenced yard. First month rent, last month rent, security deposit; and credit check.
• Efficiency Apartment for one student. Includes: all utilities, internet, satellite, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fenced yard. First month rent, last month rent, security deposit; and credit check.
Bonnie House Rental (217) 783-6542 or (217) 246-6547
5003 N. Cherryville Lane
Bonnie, IL 62816
Two bedroom home for rent. Nice neighborhood, 11 minutes from RLC, furnished, would potentially hold 3 students. Deposit and references required.
Chesterfield Village (618) 242-7534
4201 Valley Forge Rd.
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Students may rent only if parent/guardian will co-sign. They offer a studio at $512, a one bedroom at $582, or a two bedroom at $682 with a 12 month lease. There is an application fee of $30. Down deposit is one month rent. No pets allowed.
Economy Inn (618) 214-1715
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
• American owned inn. Clean and quite rooms, all utilities furnished, plus large Ref, TV, HBO, Micro, Furniture, phone, laundry, private mailboxes, starting at $185 plus tax per week. Can work out other payment plans for students.
• House for rent. Excellent location, two bedrooms, with refrigerator and stove, central heating and a/c, with storage shed. $450/month + deposit.
• House for rent. Excellent location, one bedroom with full basement and garage, appliances, new paint and carpet. $485/month + deposit.
Hill City Apartments (618) 534-3373
Benton, IL 62812
1 and 2 bedroom apartments, no pets. Leased at owners discretion.
Rend Lake Apartments (314) 749-0243
Ina, IL 62846
Within walking distance to campus. 2 Bedroom/2 bath Student Apartment. Located just south of Rend Lake College. Contact Steve.
MetroTravelGuide - Provides a map of hotels within 15 miles of the Rend Lake College Main Campus
Are you looking for transportation to and from Rend Lake College?
Students can charge South Central Transit (SCT) money cards to their financial aid if they have funds remaining after their direct expenses with the college have been paid. SCT is a public shuttle that services Franklin and Jefferson counties. They have many pick-up and drop-off points within those counties.
Bus passes are available for purchase one week before the start of classes each semester. If you are interested in using your extra financial aid funds to purchase an SCT money card, please contact Rachel Sveda-Webb
South Central Transit $50.00 Money Card
Valid for use with all services provided by SCT.
$50.00 Money Card contains 34 - $1.00 fares and 48 - 50¢ fares. Clients who purchase the entire card will receive $8.00 in additional monies via card value.
Money Card expires only upon the entire use of the purchased value and must be presented to SCT driver at time of each boarding for validation.
Senior Citizens, Disabled, Military and Veterans with proper ID are eligible for the following discount:
No discount will be given on the $10.00 squares.
The $30.00 square will be discounted to $15.00.
Proper forms of ID:
Senior Citizen (60 & over) *** State issued ID card or Drivers License
Persons w/Disabilities *** State issued ID card
Military/Veteran *** Department of Veterans Affairs photo ID or a DD214 Military Form along with a State issued ID card
Phone Number: (618) 437-5321 Ext. 1343
Address: 468 N. Ken Gray Parkway, Ina, IL 62846 Attn: Student Services
Fax Number: (618) 437-5677 Attn: Student Services