Board seated and officers elected
The board was officially seated. Three members re-elected were Jeff Jones for a two-year term, and Randall Crocker and Larry Manning for six-year terms. The board appointed its officers: Randy Rubenacker as Chair, Manning as Vice Chair, Brian Dorris as Secretary, Drew Law Group as Attorney, and Angie Kistner as Treasurer. John Kabat was appointed Illinois Community College Trustee Association Representative for the RLC Board of Trustees.
Nursing Pathway paved from RLC to Illinois State University's College of Nursing
The board ratified a Memorandum of Understanding for Pathway from the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) to the RN to BSN program between Rend Lake College and Illinois State University's Mennonite College of Nursing. Effective March 1, 2019, the memorandum provides an easy transition for RLC nursing students to seamlessly continue their education at Illinois State University's Mennonite College of Nursing.
Addendum made to SIUC Memorandum
The board approved an addendum to an existing Memorandum of Understanding between RLC and Southern Illinois University Carbondale, effective April 12, 2019. This addendum adds university course and program offerings leading to a Master of Science in Education in Curriculum & Instruction to the existing educational offerings identified in the Memorandum of Understanding Agreement. The existing offerings are Bachelor of Science in Education – Elementary Education and Bachelor of Science in Education – Child and Family Services.
Lead Child Care Provider Appointed
The board appointed Chrissy Confer as the RLC Foundation Children’s Center Lead Child Care Provider on a full-time, 50 week, non-tenure track contract, effective May 16, 2019. Confer has several years of experience at the Center, as an assistant teacher and student worker.
In other business, the board...
- Approved the 2019-20 handbooks for CNA, Radiologic Technology, Medical Coding, Medical Assistant, Nursing, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy, Emergency Medical Technician, EMT-Paramedic, and RLC Foundation Children’s Center.
- Accepted the resignation of Charles Wingo, Associate Professor in Mining Technology, effective June 1, 2019.
- Accepted the resignation of Dan Prible, Report Writer, effective May 9, 2019.
Mark your calendars...
- Health Fair | 9:30 a.m. – Noon, Thursday, May 2, 2019 at The REC
- Jefferson County CEO Trade Show | 4:30-7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 2, 2019 at Mt. Vernon DoubleTree by Hilton
- Perry County CEO Trade Show | 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Thursday, May 2, 2019 at Red Hawk Golf Club
- Annual Faculty/Staff Awards | 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at the RLC Theater
- Spring Concert | 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 9, 2019 at the RLC Theater
- RAD Tech Pinning Ceremony | 1:00 p.m. Thursday, May 16, 2019 at the RLC Student Center Pat Kern Private Dining Room
- ADN Pinning Ceremony | 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 16, 2019 at James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- RLCF Children's Center Graduation Ceremony | 9:00 a.m. Friday, May 17, 2019 at the RLC Theatre
- Rend Lake College Commencement | 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. Saturday, May 18, 2019 at James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- GED Graduation | 6:00 p.m. Thursday, June 13, 2019 at the RLC Student Center Pat Kern Private Dining Room