Dean of Student Affairs appointed
The board approved the appointment of Jeffery McGoy as Dean of Student Affairs, on a full-time, 48-week, non-tenure track, contract effective June 3, 2019. McGoy possesses the education and experience needed to be successful in the position. Previously, McGoy has worked with students at both two and four-year institutions.
Partnership to host archery events
The board ratified the approval of a Challenge Partnership Agreement between The Department of The Army, RLC, Rend Lake Conservancy District, Scholastic 3-D Archery, Union Sportsmen’s Alliance, Rend Lake Bike Club and Illinois Department of Natural Resources, as presented, effective May 14, 2019. This agreement will strengthen the partnerships listed and provide the opportunity to host regional and national archery events in the district.
2+2 set with USI
The board approved a Program Articulation Agreement between RLC and the University of Southern Indiana. This 2+2 Articulation Agreement allows students to complete an Associate in Applied Science Degree (A.A.S.) in Radiologic Technology and transfer it to USI’s Radiologic and Imaging Sciences baccalaureate program.
Approval of 2019-2020 Treasurer’s Bond
The board approved a revision to the amount of coverage needed and the principal party insured under a surety bond for Rend Lake College District No. 521 as required by State of Illinois statute for the Fiscal Year 2020.
Busler hired as TRIO program specialist
The board ratified the appointed Rebekah Busler as Program Specialist/Administrative Assistant-TRiO Programs on a full-time, 50- week, non-tenure track contract, effective May 6, 2019. Busler meets the educational requirements of the position, has been approved by the United States Department of Education and has the necessary experience and skills to fulfill the duties as the Program Specialist/Administrative Assistant. Busler has dealt with the public in sales and customer service. In addition to her customer service experience, she brings personal experience as a former participant of TRiO programs.
Director of Instructional Design and Assessment created
The board approved to expand the job duties, revise job description and create the position of Director of Instructional Design & Assessment, effective June 1, 2019. This expands the duties of the position to include supervision of assessment and training of faculty and staff in technology-based curriculum in order to better fit the needs of the college, this position is being created to build upon current duties and to efficiently use college resources.
In other business, the board...
- Heard a second reading regarding changes to employee personal leave.
- Approved a new course (ALH 1205 Clinical Experience) as well as withdrew requests to inactivate and change existing curriculum.
- Had a first reading to approve revisions to RLC policy regarding the procedure for processing invoices for outside agencies.
- Approved the 2019-2020 handbooks for Culinary Arts and Studio RLC.
- Approved a revision to the previously approved gymnasium floor artwork.
- Ratified the payment of the college expenses including travel expense reimbursements, as presented.
Mark your calendars...
- RAD Tech Pinning Ceremony | 1:00 p.m. Thursday, May 16, 2019 at the RLC Student Center Pat Kern Private Dining Room
- ADN Pinning Ceremony | 7:00 p.m. Thursday, May 16, 2019 at James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- RLCF Children's Center Graduation Ceremony | 9:00 a.m. Friday, May 17, 2019 at the RLC Theatre
- Rend Lake College Commencement | 10:00 a.m. & 1:00 p.m. Saturday, May 18, 2019 at James “Hummer” Waugh Gymnasium
- GED Graduation | 6:00 p.m. Thursday, June 13, 2019 at the RLC Student Center Pat Kern Private Dining Room
- Summer Kids Camps | Monday, June 17 - Thursday, June 20 & Monday, July 29 – Thursday Aug. 1