INA, Ill. (Feb. 8, 2022) — The period to file as a candidate for Rend Lake College Student Trustee opens Feb. 9.
RLC’s Student Trustee represents the student body on the RLC Board of Trustees. The Student Trustee attends RLC board meetings each month and has an advisory vote on all action items. It’s a great experience for someone motivated to get involved in a service role.
Interested in running for the office? Here is what you will need to get started.
- Petition — this must include 50 or more signatures of students, must be properly filled in, signed and notarized.
- Statement of Candidacy — this must be properly filled in, signed and notarized.
- Statement of Economic Interest — this must be completed and turned in to the Student Services Office. They will get the statement filed at the County Clerk’s Office for you and attach the receipt to your Petition and Statement of Candidacy.
- A student trustee must reside within the Rend Lake College District.
- At the time of the election and during service as a trustee, a student must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours and have accumulated 12 credit hours prior to election.
- The student member cannot be a full-time employee at Rend Lake College.
- The student must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better at the time of election and during service as a trustee.
You can pick up a candidate packet at the Academic Advisement Center in the Baker Administration Building. To receive the candidate packet electronically, click the button above or email [email protected]. A full list of election rules is included in the candidate packet.
Spring 2022 Election Dates
- First day for filing: Wednesday, Feb. 9
- Last day for filing: Wednesday, Feb. 23
- Last day for withdrawal of candidate: Friday, Feb. 25
- Ballots ready for inspection: Monday, Feb. 28
- Absentee voting: Tuesday, March 1
- Election days: Wednesday, March 2 and Thursday, March 3
Current RLC students can vote between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in the Academic Advisement Center. Bring a student ID.