INA, IL (Feb. 15, 2022) – In a matter of weeks, the beloved story about the four March sisters will be brought to life on the Rend Lake College Theater stage.
“Little Women: The Broadway Musical” opens Thursday, April 7, at 7 p.m. with additional shows on Friday and Saturday, April 8 and 9, at the same time. A matinee showing on Sunday, April 10, at 2 p.m. will conclude its run on campus.
“At its core, ‘Little Women: The Broadway Musical’ is a story about family, friendships and above all, hope, which is something we all need right now,” said RLC Music Professor Sara Alstat-Sanders, who is directing the spring musical.
The RLC production is two years in the making. It was to first be performed during the spring 2020 semester, and the musical was nearly ready for stage before it had to be canceled due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The cast of “Little Women: The Broadway Musical” includes:
- Olivia Bailey (Mt. Vernon) as Jo
- Heidi Carroll (Benton) as Meg
- Dylann Torres (Marion) as Beth
- Nealia Lewis (Waltonville) as Amy
- Taylor Frank (Valier) as Marmee
- Taylor Wilburn (Benton) as Aunt March
- Daniel Garavaglia (Pinckneyville) as Laurie
- Gracie Frank (Valier) as Clarissa
- Brian Williams (Mt. Vernon) as Professor Bhaer
- Dawson Suedemeyer (Benton) as Mr. Brooke
- Gavin Kerley (Thompsonville) as Mr. Lawrence
- Zane Shukites (Christopher) as Troll/Monk
- Imogen Perry (Zeigler) as Mrs. Kirk
- Danielle Roberts (Mt. Vernon) as Chorus of Hags/Customer
Shelby Patterson is the show’s stage manager.
Rend Lake College recently announced the cast for its upcoming production of "Little Women: The Broadway Musical," which will hit the RLC Theater in early April. The cast includes Front row, from left: Taylor Wilburn, Benton (Aunt March); Taylor Frank, Valier (Marmee); Dylann Torres, Marion (Beth); Olivia Bailey, Mt. Vernon (Jo); Heidi Carroll, Benton (Meg); and Nealia Lewis, Waltonville (Amy).
Back row, from left: Gracie Frank, Valier (Clarissa); Brian Williams, Mt. Vernon (Professor Bhaer); Dawson Suedmeyer, Benton (Mr. Brooke); Daniel Garavaglia, Pinckneyville (Laurie); Gavin Kerley, Thompsonville, (Mr. Lawrence); Zane Shukites, Christopher (Troll/Monk); and Imogen Perry, Zeigler (Mrs. Kirk). Not pictured is Danielle Roberts, Mt. Vernon (Chorus of Hags/Customer).
Click on the image for a printable photo
Alstat-Sanders said she believes the relatable story and music will have something for everyone.
“I’m ecstatic to bring this story to Rend Lake College, and I believe it will resonate within our own community,” she said.
For more information about the spring musical, you can contact Sara Alstat—Sanders at 618-437-5321, extension 1817, or email [email protected]