REND LAKE COLLEGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES – June 11, 2019, MEETING HIGHLIGHTS
Resource Allocation Management Plan approved
The board approved the Resource Allocation Management Plan (RAMP), as presented, for transmittal to the Illinois Community College Board effective June 11, 2019. Under new Illinois Community College Board guidelines, each of the two projects requires the Chairman of the Board and the College President’s signatures.
Hammond hired as Nursing Instructor
The board appointed Misty Hammond as Nursing Instructor on a full-time, 50-week, tenure track, effective August 19, 2019. Hammond has 10 years of nursing experience as well as some adjunct faculty experience. She meets the qualifications and has the professional experience necessary to be successful in the position.
Page named Assistant Director of RLC Foundation
The board appointed Kelsey Page as Assistant Director of the Rend Lake College Foundation on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track, effective July 8, 2019. Page has experience from her time at Rend Lake College. She has the qualifications and skills needed, along with having a passion to help RLC students. Page is a RLC alum and former RLCF Scholarship recipient.
The board appointed Austin Kreger as Programmer/Analyst on a full-time, 50-week, non-tenure track, effective July 8, 2019. Kreger is a recent graduate of Rend Lake College’s Computer Programming curriculum and has the knowledge necessary to be successful in the position.
VanZant appointed Child Care Resource and Referral Specialist
The board appointed Alyssa VanZant as Specialist – Subsidized Child Care – Child Care Resource and Referral on a full-time, 50- week, grant funded, non-tenure track contract, effective July 01, 2019. With the vacancy of this position, it needs to be filled to meet the needs of the institution and IDHS grant guidelines. VanZant meets all of the qualifications for the position.
In other business, the board...
- Approved changes to existing curriculum.
- Ratified payment of college expenses including travel reimbursements.
- Held a second reading for revisions to policy regarding the procedure for processing of invoices for outside agencies.
- Approved an action transferring up to $3.4 million from the Working Cash fund to the Education fund. This was due to the timing of receipts of funds from the state for various grant payments which may be delayed during future periods. The amount will be transferred back to the Working Cash fund when the money comes in from the state. Additionally, the board approved the transfer of $2,481,000 from the Education fund to the Working Cash fund to repay earlier transfers made in anticipation of revenues to be received by the college. The college is legally required to repay this transfer between funds within one year.
- Approved a revision to the board policy regarding stipends.
- Approved a revision to the Director of Nursing job description
- Approved the engagement letter for the providing of both audit services and tax return preparation for FY 2019 as presented.
- Accepted the resignation of ReAnne Palmer, Assistant Director of the RLCF, effective June 26, 2019.
- Accepted the resignation of Jeff McGoy, Dean of Student Affairs, effective May 29, 2019.
Mark your calendars...
- CTE Exploration Camps | Wednesday - Thursday, June 12-13, 2019
- HSE/GED Graduation | 6:00 p.m. Thursday, June 13, 2019 at the RLC Student Center Pat Kern Private Dining Room
- Summer Kids Camps | Monday, June 17 - Thursday, June 20 & Monday, July 29 – Thursday Aug. 1